May 11, 2004

Webbed Paws, Good Cause

Take note: ma loutre de camarade Rivka is doing the June 6th AIDS Walk, and taking pledges.

I don't do a whole lot of blogging about politics and causes, not because I'm afraid of offending people (which I figure is someone else's problem than mine if it happens), but because there are so many folks out there who do it ten times better than I could. Respectful of Otters is one of those, and Rivka gets my utter respect for not just speaking up but doing the real dirty work of making the world a better place. (Plus she has the whole otter thing going, which is just excellently cool.)

So donate, if you can. Stacy and I used to be members of a really fine UU church before we moved from WV, and I still think of the words our minister (who later married us, six years ago this Sunday) said during the spring donation drive: Don't give until it hurts. Give until it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment