February 19, 2010

The Same Clown in a Different Face

Two things of note: first, HaloScan is now ded ded ded ded, taking with it the last couple of years' worth of comments here, which sucks but gives me an excuse to redecorate the place without worrying about preserving those bits of my old template. So - new look! New sidebars! New Blogger-hosted commenting engine!* Enjoy, if that's the word I'm looking for.

Second, today marks the anniversary of the first day of my latest time of unemployment. Which, as of a month ago, is now over, and I have a really fine job in a really excellent field (one where I can always go to bed at night knowing I'm not making the world any worse by working in it, huzzah), and I expect it will be a great experience as soon as I can get over my lingering Impostor Syndrome and waiting for the other shoe to drop. (Eleven months on the dole will fuck up your self-image but good, even if you're not starting off with the Neurotic Artist handicap.) Which means, Heaven and Earth, I practically have a career these days. Who knew?

We're not given anything forever, but for however long this moment lasts, it's all right.

_____
*And probably long overdue, I suppose, but while I never needed to use it, I miss having a comment host that came with an optional disemvoweller.

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Welcome back to bloggery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:31 AM

    Whooot Whooot! Right on! Sending lots of love from your cutest niece.

    -- Taffy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just discussing Imposter Syndrome with Chris on Saturday night (drunkenly).

    Let's get together for dinner sometime soon so you can tell me all about your new job. I am busy then on vacation through roughly the 15, but free after that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. EZ, we totally ought to do that. And the latter part of March would be just in time for a Welcome Spring sort of glass-raising.

    ReplyDelete