June 19, 2003

I'm reading Foucault's Pendulum these days. Or rather, re-reading; I tried it on about eleven years ago (!!) and had to concede deafeat about a third of the way through to Eco's superior scholar-fu. Now I'm enjoying it immensely, not least because I've had some exposure in the interim to a lot of the weird coolness it deals with (thanks, Ken Hite!) and don't draw a mental blank on, f'rinstance, "gematria" or "Demiurge." It's a really, really fascinating book, and engaging, and frequently funny - though I have to wonder what it says about me that I know where to laugh in Foucault's Pendulum.

I'm about 500 words shy of finishing this month's column, only slightly behind schedule. Some pissing and moaning on the fora seems to have dampened my enthusiasm ever so slightly, though I'm sure it shouldn't. I'd like to think it's cuz I'm too clever for Joe Dungeon-Crawl, but I fear this would be a gross and unfair generalization, and not especially true anyway. But whatever.

Also got some good news of an impending big-project sort of thing this week, but I'll hold off actually talking about it till I have more details. Suffer, minions. :D

We got the first of our coupons for free Ben & Jerry's this week (courtesy of our new long-distance plan with Working Assets), and I fear it is a message: God Wants Me Round. I fear I am in no position to argue, either.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment